Friday, July 15, 2011

Orcs in jocks

It seems that some of my costume design choices have confused a couple of readers, especially the mixing of modern bits and pieces, especially with the Ix.   Now, apart from the fact that I think Orc boys in undies are much cuter than Orc boys in loincloths, there is some method here.  
I really like the One Piece Manga and  I especially like the way Oda san mixes modern streetwear with the pirate stuff, it gives the whole setting a great feeling of familiarity and displacement at the same time.  Some I'm trying something similar, to break out of the traditional fantasy rut a bit.  

Also, Tolkien & co were allways pissing and moaning about the advanced technology of the dark ones, well along with medicine and proper sanitation, wouldn't comfortable underwear be a major breakthrough for a medieval society?

2 comments:

  1. Cool, I've linked you in. Tried to do it earlier but blogger is on the fritz. I'll say more if it actually works this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha, it works in xp if not in windows7. Anyway, I dig your style, very expressive. Do you have any of your erotic stuff online?

    Its an interesting process, doing sex stuff, not sure if I'm in it for the long haul but I've been able to process some stuff. At least the internet makes it the whole process easier.

    ReplyDelete