Sunday, September 4, 2011

Professor Hugo Mancheeks

"I tire of this diabolical world. It's oppressive humidity weighs heavily upon one's morale. But it is a chap's wardrobe that suffers the most iniquity. Only the silk of my tie resists the acrid mists and rotting heat. Even the stalwart tweed yielded in the end, suffering torments of weather and the deprecations of wild beasts. Not to mention a certain fellow who delights in purloining my clothing when I bathe. If a fellow cannot preserve his modesty he can at least bolster his dignity with thoughts of the scientific progress being made here with the assistance of my calculation engine. I will forward some cylinders of native customs to the Royal Society's exotic nudity committee."

From Professor Mancheeks Almanac of the Impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment